Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez ATK=Me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys, i just picked up an Ibanez ATK! This thing is awesome! Just the sound i was looking for. I'm pretty sure it's Ash with a orangish tint finish, black pickguard, maple neck and FB. Mint condition, only missing the truss rod cover. I Found this specimen at a local music go round... for $279 with hardshell case! I ended up trading in my fretless (didn't really like the pickups all that much) Plus $29 cash... so it was a very good deal. This mofo is heavy, which leads me to believe it is ash. Sound is more MM than an MM... just punchy and bright, with a little growl in there. This is great, because i was kinda considering saving up for a Stingray, but this thing gets that sound pat, and wayy cheaper. Everything people have been saying about this thing is correct. this is one amazing bass! Has schaller tuners, string through bridge, and sustain for days. I can't wait to try this thing out with my Ampeg stack!

Is there any way to find out the year it was made?

on the back of the headstock, it says

"ATK 300" ( i know that's the model number )
    C444544
    Made in Korea

Pics when i find my damn digital camera!!!

Peace,
    Scott

2. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    :D

Nice buy man!
    I was a ble to pick a NEW ATK300 from the store. Here in Europe. Great basses man?!

Made in Korea? Schaller tuners? Must be one of the latest years... Or maybe it's a ATK400, but they are much lighter and a added Single coil, 24 fretts...

Korea?! I'm clueless...

3. thadood

thadood

Jun 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    They're both great instruments, whether it be 300 or 400

4. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    yes, but I'll take the 300 over the 400 anyday.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    They stopped selling the ATK's here in the states. The ones we normaly pick up will be the older used ones. I belive they stopped selling them in 93 over here? Maybe 95? I dig my atk.

6. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    And they stopped producing the 300, 2 years ago. 300's are already getting rare. I was lucky, mine was in the music store longer than 1,5 years! I can'e believe why nobody bought it!

The 400 isn't for sale in the States, right?

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Nope, the 400s with the single coil at the neck were never available over here. I think I've got an old issue of Bass Player from '97 or so that still has an add for the ATK. I'll have to double check, though. Last time I checked a store about an hour away, they had a NOS ATK300 - wonder if it's still there? I've seen a NOS koa-topped version for sale online, too.

8. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    It's nice when you can find your sound without having to get a $3000 bass, isn't it? :D

Nice score!

9. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    That would be a ATK500. The pickguard is transparant.. very nice.

10. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Have I been misrepresenting my bass by calling it an ATK 300?

ATK 300 For Sale