Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez ATK Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beam, Oct 22, 2005.

1. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    I'm about to come into posession of one :)

So! Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes?

I'm interested in hearing everything :)

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Hi!

my first bass was a rad cream atk300 that i got second hand

i really liked it for what it was, a stingray kinda copy.

i'm more of a jazz bass guy now. but i really liked the atk. the neck felt pretty good, i have small hands and i prefer a narrower jazz neck but it was well made. fat smooth stingray tone...

i wise i hadn't sold it but i needed the money. i remember playing the show "the wiz" on that bass getting a really agressive fat tone.

3. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
  4. daasbraad

daasbraad

May 13, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I've just sold my ATK 300, because I joined the Warwick club, but I really liked the bass. Great construction, loved the uber bridge. The tone was loud and pretty stingrayish. The triplecoil bucker with the coil switch and the three band eq provided enough options tonewise. I say yes to the ATK series! :hyper:

5. frigo

frigo burn in hell!

Dec 8, 2003
    Italy
    i got one of the first 5 stringed models imported here in italy in 1996.
    it's a pretty good bass for the price, but in my opinion (mine had only the triple coil pickup) it has few sounds, but they all sounded pretty similar, except of course the Musicman/fieldy tone in the bridge position. The neck was ok, but i never liked the strings tension (even trying different gauges they weren't right for me).
    It had a pretty good B string and pretty bad D and G string

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I have never owned an ATK but personally I think it is a great playing and great looking bass. I want one.....now! :eek:

7. namrok

namrok

Sep 19, 2005
    Wayne, PA
    I just acquired a USATK 5 which I am just getting used to as it is my first 5 string. Very wide tone, can get a nice piano type sound. Very differnt than a 72 precision I used to have. Mine has the tension free neck. Haven't tried to adjust it as it is set up fine right now. I really enjoy playing it, very much like a MM Stingray in tone. I like it

8. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I love mine, now that it's defretted properly, it gets a bit more play. You can get a really bright sound out of them, but mine didn't have really extreme lows. Really well-made, too, save for the not-so-great input jack. Mine had to be replaced after a couple of years.

Their preamp is extremely hot, by the way, loudest bass I've ever played.