1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez ATk series. better than a Stingray?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cbass717, Sep 26, 2008.

1. cbass717

cbass717

Jun 30, 2008
    my next bass that i want to get is a MM stingray. however i heard alot of reviews about the ibanez atk series. in these reviews people always said that they were gonna get a ray but then they played this ibanez and got the ibanez instead. are these basses as good if not better than a stingray because i am not familiar with them.

2. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    well its like this- they can have a similar sound- but the ATK is wayyyy cheaper. i got mine for ~$300 (used) and i still haven't found a bass i like better. definitely prefer it over the rays i've tried. stingrays will start more around $800 used i think. the ATK is also super heavy which i personally love- basses should be beefy. a lot of people say that rays sound 'thin' or 'brittle' but there's plenty of love for them out there.

the ATK is wicked versatile too. the 3-way pickup selector = win as far as im concerned. but it depends on your ears and hands. ATKs are a little harder to find than a stingray, but you should try and find to play and decide for yourself.

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida