Ibanez ATK100

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tonedeaf, Feb 7, 2005.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

I'm selling an Ibanez ATK100 I bought from this site several months ago. It's a great bass, but it doesn't get enough playing time right now for me to hang on to it. I'd rather have it go to a good home where it can get regular use.

Visually, it's a beauty. Nice sunburst finish, virtually flawless (theres a little bit of a scuff on the back, starts on the control cavity cover and extends to the finish, doesn't go through). The neck is amazing, a real joy to play. The only difference between this bass and the popular ATK300 that I'm aware of is that it's passive, so it only has two knobs, volume and tone, plus a toggle switch that sounds to me like it's a treble boost or bass cut (toward the neck sounds more bright, toward the bridge sounds less bright). Maple neck with rosewood 'board.

PM me with any questions. I'm asking $185 shipped. I might also be interested in trading for a P-Bass.
  2. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Ah, memories. I sold this bass to tonedeaf. It is really an amazing bass for the price. Most comfortable neck you will ever play.

By the way, tonedeaf, here is a pic of the actual bass.
  3. tonedeaf

Thanks for the pic. Great bass, I've really enjoyed it. Definitely looking to try an ATK300 one of these days.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    My friend is actually selling a white ATK300.
  5. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    so do these ATK's really have a Stingray type sound like everyone says? Does the passive model have enough booty?
  6. tonedeaf

Never played a Stingray, haven't heard many either, but if the "Stingray sound" tends to growliness, then I would say yes it definitely does. I played it mostly in a blues/rock band through a 1968 Ampeg combo and it had plenty o' booty, with a good amount of aggressive growl (of course, a lot of basses I play end up having a growly aspect, so my eq/playing style/amp equipment may be a factor there. YMMV)
  7. lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    I just checked the schematic, and it looks like the switch is a series/parallel switch for the two coils in the HB. The forward, or "Power" setting has the coils run in parallel, and the back, or "Attack" setting has them in series. There's an added .001uF cap on the switch too which seems to get into the circuit when it series mode...I'm not sure what it does...maybe to rein in some or something...

Do you have a case for it?

8. tonedeaf

Sorry, no case. I'll pack it up good and safe though.
  9. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
  10. tonedeaf

All PM's replied to. Still available for now, but we may be on the verge of a deal. First buyer/agreeable trade offer takes it.
  11. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    I'll take it, PM sent....
  12. tonedeaf

Sold to Mr. Huff.
  13. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems