1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez ATK300 -vs- Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikeyd74, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Ibanez ATK300

41 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. Peavey Zodiac Scorpio DE

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    I currently have an Ibanez ATK300 that has some serious fretbuzz between the 1st and 4th frets, I've tried to make adjustments and I've had no luck fixing the problem. Then I noiticed that there was damage done to the neck. Luckily the bass is still within the return time limit offered by Guitar Center. I've talked with the salesman at GC and he said I can either bring it back and have them order me another Ibanez ATK300 or exchange it with another bass of equal value. The only other bass at GC that I would be interested in is the Peavey Zodiac Scorpio DE.
    What would you guys do?

2. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    Thanks for the help so far....

3. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    apples and oranges kind of.....

It's really like comparing a PJ Fender and a StingRay. Two radically different basses/tones.

But my maple/maple neck'd Zodiac feels awesome though. :smug:

4. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Having never played either of these basses, I vote for the Peavey...or maybe the Ibanez.

Hope that helps a little.:)

5. I have played both and didn't like either one. The Ibanez was an anvil with a strange neck shape but decent sound and the Peavey felt a little better but just left a lot to be desired in many departments

6. I'm putting money down on the same Peavey you are talking about this weekend...I tried the ATK at Sam Ash and it'snot bad...but they are very different basses. I prefer The Fender American Deluxe P , Fender Aerodyne (P/J basses) over MusicMan StingRays...It comes down to what you want from it...both will give you Punch...I feel the Peavey will growl more...That's my 2 cents

7. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    I ended up deciding on the Ibanez ATK. But I tell ya, I'm thinking about getting that Peavey too, it's a sweet bass. You made a good choice.

8. Good stuff. Thanks! I paid it off recently and the Peavey Scorpio bass is giving me my dream tone.

9. Ska

Ska

Nov 20, 2007
    I'd roll Peavey, but it's more because I really don't like the feel of the ATK's. Kind of feels like a big hunk of wood that's just different from the SR's so that Ibanez can say they make something besides SR's. I like what little I've experienced with the Zodiacs, although the string spacing is a bit wide for my taste.