Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez ATK305 5 String for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rogerbmiller, Mar 25, 2005.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hey there. I am selling one of my Ibanez ATK305's. It's a 1994 Korean, with Black Body and Maple neck with some interesting grain to it. Really nice sound and solid bass. All original hardware, electronics, etc.

The bass is almost imaculate. There is just some light superficial scratching on the back. I am asking $400 o.b.o. which will include insured shipping. The bass comes with an Ibanez hard shell case. The case is in fair condition but is missing one of the end latches (there are 4 latches). I still have the displaced latch and will include it with the case as it can could easily be repaired by a shoemaker or locksmith.

I will be posting pictures by Monday. Any interest or questions, please feel free to PM me or email me at rogerbmiller@hotmail.com.

Thanks for your interest.

Roger

2. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Is the bass passive or active. Also, how does the weight tend?

Thanks!

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Very much active. 3 Band EQ and triple coil pickup. Overall I would qualify the ATK as a heavy bass.

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Well, I am SOL posting pics because I cannot seem to be able to compress them (I already too them on low res on a low res camera!) and TB won't even let me poste pics that are 600X600, so please email me if you are intereted and I will forward you the whole lot.

Roger

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    If you want I can host them at whatever size you want, then you can hotlink them to here. PM, IM or e-mail if ya want...

Ray

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Here ya'll are, enjoy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    uglist bridge ever?

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Is that really called for? :rollno:

Ray

9. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    If you've played one, you know that the bridge appearance doesn't matter as much as the fact that the bass has some killer tone.

10. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I'm not doubting its tone, I'm sure it has an amazing sound. I love Ibanez, and i'm not trying to kill this sale, Its an amazing bass, I just dont like the bridge, thats all

11. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I think the point is that there is no need for you (or for anyone else) to come into someone's ad and make a comment like that. It seems childish and pointless.

In any case, more bumping for the bass.

12. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    Allen, TX
    I happen to really like that bridge. Very unique. :)

13. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    lol, I'm not trying to be childish. perhaps my post was irrelivant and besides the point. I apoligize for speaking my mind. But on the flip sides, this bass has been getting a ton of bumps as a result of it

14. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Pretty ugly if you are a minimalist, but damned if that thing doesn't give some serious tone and response.

15. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    By the way, I should probably state a few deatails about the ATK in general, just in case anyone popping on to this post is not familiar.

In a nutshell, Ibanez introduced the ATK in the early 1990's-- I believe 1993. Mine listed here is a 1994. The bass was designed after the Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray and meant to replicate its tone while remaining a less expensive alternative. When they went out of US market in about 1999, I believe their street prioce was $700-$750.

The basses were produced in Korea, Japan and the USA. Most of these basses were made in Korea, and still are, for marketing in Japan. The Japanese made models were the same design as the Korean models but featured more exotic woods (I have one with a KOA top for example). Finally, Ibanez had a US made line which was radically different in that it incoroprated the Tension-free neck made by Bunker Guitars in Pennsylvania.

I own 4 of these basses as well as a Stingray and a G&L2K and I have to say I like them better. In a nutshell I think they are slightly easier to play largely as a result of the String-thru-body bridge and it being oversized (though ugly to some).

Hope this gives some helpful background on the bass.

16. Man, I wish I was making lots of money instead of wasting it in college. Free bump, sell this amazing looking (and sounding, from what I've heard) instrument quickly.

17. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sorry all. Because of the lack of traffic on the Tb classifieds, I have had to put this up on the evil bay. Conider this thread closed.

18. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    G damn shaem. If I wasn't in the market for a fretless...

19. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    SOLD