1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez ATK305 settings for Fender Jazz sound ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coachz, Nov 9, 2018.

1. coachz

coachz

Jan 29, 2006
    Can anyone recommend me some settings to get a nice round Fender Jazz sound please? Thanks !

cataract likes this.
  2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I used to keep my old ATK’s pickup toggle in the middle position almost exclusively.
    That setting is for single coil without a high pass filter. Flip it towards the neck for single coil WITH high pass.
    The back position is straight up full humbucker.
    I usually kept the EQ set flat / vol up all the way and EQ’d using my amp & preamp pedals.

3. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I had an ATK305 that only got sold because I wasn't man enough to hold it for long practice sessions. Sucker was heavy.

But for a roughly jazz-esque sound, I liked the toggle in the middle position, and boosting a little bit of mids, then tweaking the highs to taste (either boost or cut for different flavors). If more punch is wanted, toggling toward the bridge for humbucker action will add it...or boosting the mids even more. It can get pretty burpy before it sounds unnatural.

Also, that bass is really responsive to hand position while playing. Moving a little closer to the bridge WILL bring out more upper mids, and I think there's a sweet spot for that tone.

4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Toggle in the middle, put it in the stand and use the Jazz bass.

I never could get what I thought was a decent P or J sound out of an ATK.

Sid the Kid likes this.