1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Axstar ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wallygator, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Ok I have read all the threads on this bass. I am looking to possibly purchase this exact bass and was wondering if anyone can identify the model year or any other information that might be helpful.

this is what I know so far..It's made in Japan, does not require special strings, truss rod is accessed at the bridge.

I am awaiting a reply on whether or not its an active or passive model,

I noticed at the top of the bass, it has 2 "allen key screws" that seem to lock down the strings. Is it missing 2 of them? or is that normal? I havent been able to see any images online that look exactly the same?

I would love any input or advice on what to look for if I go check it out.

Cheers! axstar2-1.

2. I own a black version of that. It's likely an '85, passive electronics with Ibanez Lo-Z humbucking pickups (unless aftermarket customized). The 2 Allen screws at the top rest on pressure plates that hold down 2 strings each. Later models had an top-loaded Allen screw for each string. A shame Ibanez discontinued them but it was a market driven decision, I suppose.