1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez B-3 Bass Synth Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Come on, I haven't been able to find anything on this @#!!&$ effect. The Yetti aint got nothing on this pedal for being Illusive, hell at least I can find info it.

2. huh?

3. Man, are you talkin about the Boss SYB-3 Bass Synth?

4. In Bass Player Magazine It said that the Bassist for Crazy Town played through a Ibanez B-3 Bass Synth Pedal, Bass Player has misprinted products before. I just want a fat yet serious sounding Bass Synth like that.

5. Find yourself a Korg G5 bass synth...9 presets and you can manipulate the sensitivity w/ a volume pedal if need be; SO much more versatile and so very corpulent and greasy too. that Boss thing is silly.....doesn't track very well and is a hassle live due to the lack of presets. The Korg is a wonderful box...digital but lovely.

6. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I've been trying to get my hands on that Korg for over a year... seems every time it comes up on eBay, it goes right out of my price range!

I'm -still- waiting for my Akai synth pedal, backordered since May... :rolleyes:

7. I never have a problem using it live. It has one thing that I think sets it apart from most pedals. That's the hold function. And the thing tracks perfectly with my playing style/gear...so I'm one of the lucky ones I guess.

The crazy town guy seems to just be playing through an envelope filter. I don't think the SYB-3 will work well for that.