Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez B-3 Bass Synth Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Come on, I haven't been able to find anything on this @#!!&$ effect. The Yetti aint got nothing on this pedal for being Illusive, hell at least I can find info it.

2. huh?

3. Man, are you talkin about the Boss SYB-3 Bass Synth?

4. In Bass Player Magazine It said that the Bassist for Crazy Town played through a Ibanez B-3 Bass Synth Pedal, Bass Player has misprinted products before. I just want a fat yet serious sounding Bass Synth like that.

5. Find yourself a Korg G5 bass synth...9 presets and you can manipulate the sensitivity w/ a volume pedal if need be; SO much more versatile and so very corpulent and greasy too. that Boss thing is silly.....doesn't track very well and is a hassle live due to the lack of presets. The Korg is a wonderful box...digital but lovely.

6. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I've been trying to get my hands on that Korg for over a year... seems every time it comes up on eBay, it goes right out of my price range!

I'm -still- waiting for my Akai synth pedal, backordered since May... :rolleyes:

7. I never have a problem using it live. It has one thing that I think sets it apart from most pedals. That's the hold function. And the thing tracks perfectly with my playing style/gear...so I'm one of the lucky ones I guess.

The crazy town guy seems to just be playing through an envelope filter. I don't think the SYB-3 will work well for that.