Ibanez bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bsaxnick, Aug 9, 2001.

1. bsaxnick

Aug 25, 2000
    I'm interested in the Ibanez BTB406QM 6 string.
    Can anyone tell me what they think of it?
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Pack your bags I think you are moving to Basses real soon. I own a few Ibanez basses and love them, but YMMV. Try one and see what YOU think.

Welcome to Talkbass!:D

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    hey i have a BTB 400 QM!

nice bass, many many sounds out of it, i haven´t tried the 406 (six string)

the "bad" thing is that it uses TWO batteries (18v)... man i don´t have that kind of money :D:D

yep, this thread is going to "BASSES"

have a nice day
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    here's a picture of mine:

the 406 has more colors available (i like the transparent black or blue)
  5. I have a BTB405QM in transparent black its nice looks, play, sound, tension... Every thing I like aout this bass, except I would rather have one of the more expensive models yuh know the ones that cost <b>$1,000</b> heafty buckers. Oh well, it's very cool but the six may be a bit hard to play.
  6. bsaxnick

Aug 25, 2000
    I just wanted to say thanks alot for your replies guys. It seems some of you think I dont play alerady(I'm a music major studing bass preformence)
    I asked because my favorite shop doesnt carry Ibanez. I saw a picture of the bass and said "yeah thats what I want." Again thanks alot.
  7. good choice, the BTB is a fine weapon indeed.. nice tone.. too bad it didn't fit me... and too bad Ibanez doesn't have a 6-string EDC ( yet )
  8. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i'm not a huge fan of ibanez, but i have tried thier 6ers and they are pretty sweet. If you like a 6 you may want to try the dream theaters signature yamaha. That guys name escapes me at the moment but his bass is real sweet. Its got a double truss rod and a real sweet inlay and top. I think they were over a grand, but they didn't sell very well and alot of stores are trying to unload them. Ive seen them going for around $600. You may just give one of those a try because they seem higher quality than the ibanez and cheaper. Hope this helps.
  9. I have played the three versions of the BTB 400, and I think personally that the 5-stringer is the best bang for your buck. It may not have the versatilty of the 6, but the electronics were awesome, and the tone was excellent. Plus, it came with those really cool phosphorus-blue-and-steel round wounds, that gave it serious thump. Looks damn cool, too.

Rock on
  10. I know, the EDCs are excellent basses very comfy hanging around the waist area, but I'm content though with five strings. The BTB fit me almost perfectly, I gues I like the bigger basses. To add on with the praise of The BTB basses, it makse an excellent studio bass :).
  11. oozon

Aug 11, 2001
    Sweden, Malmo
    I haven't really tried the BTB 400 series but my main bass is a BTB 705, very similar to the 1005 but with swamp ash body and ovangkol top. Excellent bass, really versatile and the quality is top notch. I plan to get a fretless 1005 as well. The 400 should be a good choice as it shares many of the design features.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

bsaxnick, welcome to Talkbass.:)

The BTB406 is the best 6 that I have played under $1000, and IMHO has better tone and versatility than the aforementioned Yamaha RBX6JM does.

I almost bought one, but then a Peavey Cirrus Custom 6 whispered in my ear and talked me into buying it instead, for a lot more money.;) The Peavey is better, but at the price that the BTB406 goes for, it is a steal.