Ibanez basses on the NAMM 2004

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    I guess that Ibanez finally learns what the word "deconstruction" means, because their latest addition to their long running sound gear line shows a remarkable resemblence to the first production bass guitar ever.

And another addition reaches back to their Musician basses (I wonder why they don't reissue them.)

Their Artcore semie accoustic line got a bass added.

and they made what almost is a copy of a Lakland with their follow up to the ATK basses

and finally, long live the return of Hard rock and with it a legitimate Bass version of their Iceman bass.

2. I dig the Iceman, its got that retro 70's look i love! :D
  3. the_faceless666

Mar 3, 2003
    You forgot the new Garry Willis sig. at half the price.
    It's made of basswood and ebonol for the fretboeard instead of light ash for the body and ebony for the fretboard.
    Could be interesting...
  4. The lakland copy looks sick! I also like the P-bass one as well. I played an Ibanez MM copy (a new one, same body as the above ibanez P) and was blown away, for the price it was sick.
  5. I dont like the look of the headstock on the 'Lakland wannabe' though...but the rest of it looks pretty decent.
  6. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    They look nice, I'd like to try one out, but alas, no lefty models...
  7. That looks so good! A p-bass copy with a 24 fret board and Ibanez' monorail bridge. Two good ideas.

That Iceman bass looks like a bunch of fun. They're only $399 at Musiciansfriend.

8. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    CHeck ths out it's another of the artcore series. (thanks to eeyaydeegee for making this pic) This on and the doublecut go for 399 at MusiciansFriend I think that this one is particularly beautiful, and having seen the translucent brown on the artcore guitars, I know it would be great in real life too
  9. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001