Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by offspring fan, Oct 17, 2002.

1. offspring fan

offspring fan Guest

Mar 9, 2002
    England
    I have been looking at a really nice ibanez K5 and saw that it cost a lot so if anyone has played an ibanez tell me u think it is worth buying it.:confused:

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    if you really like the ibanez k5 and you think it's too much, you should keep your eyes peeled for an ibanez sr1305, which is virtually the same bass...unfortunaely, it got discontinued. that used to be the bass that fieldy played. the uspide of this is you don't get that ugly farkin' k5 inlay on the board. good luck, mosquito...

3. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    What neptoon said.
    The K5 is actually a pretty nice Ibanez, but I hate that field signature on the headstock, even though I love going to KoRn concerts.
    Then again, I almost always love going to any concert.

4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    The K5 is a nice bass, but go with the SR1305. Cheaper, and it does basically the same thing :)

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Agreed. That inlay has to be one of the ugliest things ever!

6. zavala

zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    Tennessee
    yeah, i own a SR1305 and i've played a K5 and the difference between them is like night and day. the construction of the K5 is nothing compaired to the 1305. they used less mahogany and the inlay is just ugly. plus all that gold hardware....just no