1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimnew, Apr 14, 2011.

1. jimnew

jimnew

Apr 14, 2011
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum but not new to playing the bass, as I've been playing for over 30 years now. I started out with a very forgettable Japanese Fender-like copy but within a couple of years bought my first Ibanez, a Rick 4001 copy. Thirty years later I bought my second one, a SR500. I love it! I don't want to wait another 30 years for my third one, and recently discovered that Ibanez used to make double necks. I love the looks of the 2404. Is a player quality model hard to find, as I probably can't afford a collector quality one. Any help/leads on this would be greatly appreciated.

jimnew

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I bought one of the doubleneck ibanez ebo3 bass and SG guitar combos used back in the 90's. Was a white one. Nice doubleneck but bass side just wasnt gonna do what I wanted it to do if it was to become often played by me. Should have had it given a bridge change and pup change to soapbars since the store got it from had a repair tech who could have done the pup routes and new pickgaurd for it. Along with bridge conversion. But anyway, they are hard to get but do show up now and again. Another tb'r recently started doing upgrades to one they got recently. When I got mine I paid about $350 for it with case and it was in very good condition.

Ibanez basses are very very nice imo. The Sr series is my fave, esp the sr300. Lol. If I had a chance to get another of the doublenecks for low price and could get the pup change done for bass side ect, prob would along with adding 2band eq preamp for both sides.

3. jimnew

jimnew

Apr 14, 2011
    Thanks for the info darkstorm. I could handle paying $350. or even a little bit more, but I also saw some Ibanez double necks listed at over a grand, which is out of my league.

jimnew

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021