Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Bean Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sufenta, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Anyone out there have pictures of one of these Ibanez Bean Basses from the 80's?

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I might have one at home. I'll see tonite.

3. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    I own one of those thar MC88 beanies. Its gonna be up for sale soon on Ebay, as my car has just died a death - and something has to give. Sadly :bawl:

Its an 83

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Sorry to hear that, Magus. Think long and hard about it!

5. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    I've still got my Jazz project to build and my Ovation Magnum 3 to plonk about on ! :)

Unfortunately - having no car and 3 basses is not as convenient as having a car and 2 basses ;)

6. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Yup - as promised i put mine up for sale. Sad day, but heck - i need wheels or i'd have to become some kinda recluse :meh:

7. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Not for much longer... :smug:

8. hooky_marr

hooky_marr Supporting Member

There's a couple in the Roadstar II line; these had the classic Roadstar II horns but with chamfered / beveled edges. The more well-known two-pickup active model is the RB999 which came to the States in 1985-86; there was also a cheaper version called the RB666 that had just a single passive humbucker and a natural-finish neck. I have one that I found on eBay recently, which dates from 1984 according to the neck plate. I think they came in a range of metallic / pearl finishes; I've seen pics in gunmetal sparkle, white, and metallic red.

It may have not been called the 'RB666' outside Japan. I think it's possible these versions were only sold in Japan or Europe, as mine came from a music store in Germany originally, the only review of one I've seen (at BGRA.net) is also German, and the only other ones I've seen have been at Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I wanted one of those real bad back when I was a teenager. Very cool look, with the tiny headstock and tiny body.

10. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I'd still like an MC888 to add to my collection.

11. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.