Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Black Eagle Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick man, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im about to get one and I wanted to know who else is in love with this bass.

Also, what do you guys think a good price for one of these is?

Peace
    Nick

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    =P Its not showing up!

Thanks anyways.

Peace
    Nick

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Going for the early nirvana vibe;) good luck with it.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks for the link, but now that its working I see that its a page Ive visited several times before. Ive even e-mailed the owner about buying his bass.

Im not exactly going for the early Nirvana vibe, but I cant say that it wasnt an inspiration for buying the bass. I might swap out the pickups for some EMG Vintage Jazz models (of course keeping the origionals) and run it through the Aguilar outboard preamp so I can get it to sound more like my Valenti. Im not really going for that sound so much as the general vibe of a bass looing as sweet as that.

Peace
    Nick

5. MAJOR METAL

It kind of has a metal look to it, what kind of music are you playing know. 5 weeks till the release of the STP greatest hits record, are you going to get it.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Iim playing a lot of heavy rock now. Some stuff deals with different rythms and times, but nothing too out there.

I think the bass will work great, especially if I use the Aguilar pre with it.

Im gonna have to look into that STP release of course. (Interesting side note.... I was looking into having a Model T style bass thrown together for me when I stumbled across the IBE.)

Peace
    Nick

7. MAJOR METAL

Did you get it yet?

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nope. I tried calling today to get it, but no one that I had talked to was around so Ill do it tomorrow.

Peace
    Nick

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ok, I sent in the money on tuesday night but there are some problems because the department manager at the Chicago GC doesnt want to send it to me.

Too bad I already paid, my manager said to do it, and his store's manager said to as well.

Hopefully when I call tomorrow I will hear them say it is sent.

Peace
    Nick