Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez bridges

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by phattybass, Dec 12, 2002.

1. phattybass

phattybass

Dec 12, 2002
    Hi guys.
    I'm a beginner/intermediate level bassist and I own a 2001 ibanez sgr 485 5 string. I noticed on the 2002 models that there is a different bridge. I've also noticed the bridges on the srx 505 (soundgear extreme) models. I'm thinking of upgrading my bridge. Are the 2002 sgr 485 model bridges better? Or should I gor for the bridge on the srx model? Or should I go custom. . . say. . . a 2 tek bridge?
    I appreciate your comments.
    Phatty bass

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Phattybass

I have no idea, not having played an Ibanez bass for more than about a minute in the last few years...

Hopefully you'll get an answer in the luthiers or basses forums where this belongs...

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

3. Hi..

It's sad that Ibanez didn't put better bridges before on their soundgears..
    The bridges on the 2002 soundgears are better than the old ones because you dont need to pass the entire string through a hole, you just stick the ball end, so that you can change strings more easily and quickly. The bridges on the srx basses aren't better, just different looking and heavier.