1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ibanez BTB 06 LTD limited edition bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gr3yh0und2, Oct 7, 2009.

1. gr3yh0und2

gr3yh0und2

Oct 4, 2009
  2. gr3yh0und2

gr3yh0und2

Oct 4, 2009
    any suggestions?

3. gr3yh0und2

gr3yh0und2

Oct 4, 2009
    any?

4. Bogster

Bogster

Oct 13, 2002
    Orange Park, FL
    It looks like a decent deal. Personally, if I had the money for this one, I might hold out a little longer, save some more cash and get one of the higher end models with the monorail bridge and barts, but that's just me. If this one appeals to you and will serve your needs, however, I say go for it. :)

5. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    Btb's are great basses for the price and really well made. Although you should be aware that that one is just a entry-level btb200-mkf with a special paint job. So if you want to check if your getting a good deal just check its price against one of those. Where i am you can get one for about €300-€400( i live in Ireland) Personally i would get a higher level BTB if your set on one of them, for a little bit more (depending on whether the price has really gone up because of the paint job) you could get a much better equipped bass. But ultimately its up to you. Play it, if you love it buy it. If you don't, don't

EDIT: SR have a different type of neck profile and personally i prefer them, plus given the fact that an sr500 has barts on it id go for that one in a heart beat. Just me though,not a btb fan really but i know a lot of people who swear by them

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    It looks like a BTB only "less". Like Bogster said, the pickups are different, the bridge is different. BTB stands for "Boutique Bass". The point is to get high-end parts and quality at lower price point. I don't see anything on this bass that makes it any different from any other low/mid-priced bass. BUT, if you play it, and it sounds good to you, and feels good in your hands, go for it! I love both of my BTB's. Don't worry so much about where it's made.

7. gr3yh0und2

gr3yh0und2

Oct 4, 2009
    is the country where it was made was important?

8. gr3yh0und2

gr3yh0und2

Oct 4, 2009
    ?

9. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    With recent construction, country of origin is almost unimportant regarding Ibanez. Ibanez is a big company, they can make a great bass anywhere they want to set up a shop.
    I've got about 4 Ibanez basses right now, 2 from Japan (SR885 & RB924), 1 from Korea (SRX700), and a BTB675 (Indonesia). I'm a big fan of upper end Ibanez, no matter where they're made.
    You're not going to go wrong with those, but I always buy used because they're so cheap used (then you can afford 4 instead of 2), they're so well made that used is not really an issue, in my experience. I'd buy a used upper end model over a new mid-range model any day.