Ibanez BTB 405 QM with Ampeg SVT3 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Godcreep, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Hi there,
    yesterday I bought the Ibanez BTB 405 qm
    (5-string) ... (blue one)

I played it the whole afternoon, and I came home with it ... I already had a bandpractice with it .. and I have to say it sounds good, but I will have to get used to those passive pickups ...
    (My other bass is a Yamaha with active pickups)
    My head is an Ampeg SVT3 Pro ..

Is there anyone that plays the same head with a BTB (or another bass with passive pickups)
    What are your settings on your SVT 3 Pro ??
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
  3. Ooh ok ... I'm very VERY SORRY!

I didn't want to put it in AMPS either ... I thought this was the best solution ... :rolleyes:
  4. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Im sorry, but do you know what setup is? It has nothing to do with amps or settings or rigs. Its about action and intonation and neck relief and that crap.

The reason why Im so pissed off about this is theres a notice that this forum has nothing to do with rig setups right at the top of the thread list. You should read it before posting, just like it says. :rolleyes:
  5. ok, I thought it had something to do with your gear setup ... like how someone setup their head and stuff .. ok .. my mistake ... they'll move it don't they ?;)
  6. I will move it yes. I couldn't log on the other day, two days ago i think, i may have missed this one. Damn ISP.

Ok just a small word, there is a thread posted and locked by myself and Hambone outlining what Setup is.

7. I know, I should have read it , it's my fault and I feel really stupid now ... I hadn't much time to post that message so I did it in a hurry. :(