Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Btb 405 vs Ibanez Sr500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JebusChrist, Jul 30, 2005.

1. JebusChrist

JebusChrist

May 23, 2005
    NYC
    need help fast, just placed an impulsive order on an ibanez btb 405 and im wondering if i should canel it for the sr500. basically, my story is:
    i have two fender mim's, dissapointed in both. im looking for a bass that has low action (all my fenders have mid-high action, tried professional setups, still didn't help), has great electronics/pickups, and is fun to play. i will be using this bass for school and jamming with friends, so i need something that can go from jazz to rock to reggae to primus type stuff without any problems. ive heard great things about the btb 405's preamp and neck, due to the wider string spacing, but i don't know if that will be so comfortable to play. basically, the sr500 has the advantage because it's got barts stock, thinner, more comfortable neck, and a good array of tones. please give me advice, i need to know if i should cancel this order or not :help:

2. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I have the SR506 and love it! The Barts sound great and the neck is very easy to play for a 6 string. I'd imagine the 5 is even easier. The string spacings did take a week or two to get accsotomed to, but now it's very comfortable. It's the only one of my basses I'm playing anymore. :)

Good luck!

3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    There's another thread about these two basses and i think people maybe could decide how many strings they want first...

i have a btb405 and i like it, it's the best bass i have played wich doesn't say anything because it's also the most expensive bass i've had in my hands...