Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB 406Q

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nikolai, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai

Apr 20, 2004
    Im thinking of buying this bass.. not sure how good a 6 string will be at this price, but it will be my backup, i will use my warwick dolphin sn5 mainly, but.. im wondering how it plays, if the sound is okay etc, anyone tried this bass and could tell me about it?

image:
    [​IMG]

2. I have one that i really dig. I've been a fender player for 18 years and finally jumped into active preamps with this bass.. Never had a 6'er either, but this one is awesome. If you are used to wide string spacing it will be a breeze to play. My only gripe is the finish, it's kinda cheesy, but it's more about the sound for me. The vari-mid knob is way cool, you can really dial in a bunch of killer tones.. Your warwick will blow it away as far as contstruction and tone, but for a budget-friendly active 6'er, this thing is just freaking awesome. The only thing that i'm gonna have modded is a passive option....

3. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I have the 405--it's a total blast. I can't see how it would be any different for the 406--I'd like to try one someday.