Ibanez BTB 406Q

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nikolai, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Nikolai

Apr 20, 2004
    Im thinking of buying this bass.. not sure how good a 6 string will be at this price, but it will be my backup, i will use my warwick dolphin sn5 mainly, but.. im wondering how it plays, if the sound is okay etc, anyone tried this bass and could tell me about it?

2. I have one that i really dig. I've been a fender player for 18 years and finally jumped into active preamps with this bass.. Never had a 6'er either, but this one is awesome. If you are used to wide string spacing it will be a breeze to play. My only gripe is the finish, it's kinda cheesy, but it's more about the sound for me. The vari-mid knob is way cool, you can really dial in a bunch of killer tones.. Your warwick will blow it away as far as contstruction and tone, but for a budget-friendly active 6'er, this thing is just freaking awesome. The only thing that i'm gonna have modded is a passive option....
  3. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    I have the 405--it's a total blast. I can't see how it would be any different for the 406--I'd like to try one someday.