Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB 515 (black transparent)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vampirejR3, Mar 13, 2006.

1. vampirejR3

vampirejR3

Sep 23, 2000
    San Deigo, CA
    I have a 2000 (1999?) Ibanez BTB 515 in a transparent black finish. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? I have not been able to find one anywhere else. I saw one for sale on ebay about two years ago that looked exactly like mine, and have never seen one other than mine since then. Just trying to find out if my bass is something a little more than ordinairy. I love my bass and I wouldn't trade it for the world, I'm just curious as to whether or not it's a rarity. Thanks

2. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Any pictures?

r

3. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
  4. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Interesting bass. Pity about the low B. You'd think given the 35" scale that it'd have piano-like tone. I didn't catch a model number on that BTB. Are you sure its the same bass that vampirejR3 is talking about?

r

5. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    It is the only trans black of that model that I have ever seen. I believe the body is mahogany.

IME scale length makes no diff in a B string. I have played great 34" B's and 35" B's. The neck construction is much more important.