1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez BTB 555 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XtromatriX, Apr 24, 2006.

1. XtromatriX

XtromatriX

Dec 18, 2004
    MD
    Ok... I'm deciding betwen the Ibanez BTB555 or Tobias Toby pro 6. I'm currently playing an Ibanez SR506 6 string bass with a string spacing of 16.5mm, wich is quite tight for my slap playing. I've read that the Ibanez BTB 555 has a string spacing of 19mm... What I'm trying to figure out is would the neck of the Ibanez BTB555 5 string be at least as wide as the Ibanez SR506 6 string? I guess what I'm saying is the neck width of my 6 string would be cool as a 5 string, but as a 6 string it's a bit cramped.
    :bassist:

2. I am interested in this also. Today I tried out a couple of basses I had looked at online, They all were almost unplayable in some ways! On quite a few the nut was cut so that the high G, or B string was almost at the very edge of the fretboard. Not a lot of room if you use vibrato with your left hand. I kept going off the fretboard! I WAS going to buy a bass online, but now I will have to play it first. I was suprised as teh offending basses were $1000-1500 models like the Johm Myung(sp?) and a MM Sterling 5.