1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez BTB-6 RFI

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by spode master, Jul 29, 2008.

1. spode master

spode master

Jan 21, 2007
    Hey all I'm sure this is probably not an easy fix but perhaps someone here knows some cures.

Normally my Ibanez and my Alembic Active pickups are nice and noise free, except when I'm near computers.

I have the stock Bartolini's in the Ibanez, and Alembic Aniversery hardware in the Alembic.

I always pickup RFI when I practice near my computer, Its absolutely maddening if I want to record some tracks dirrect when I 'm by myself. Or even when I want to practice with headphones, to some tracks or a click.

I suspect it has more to do with the spacing of the coils, better at rejecting LF like 60Hz hum. Not so great at rejecting high frequency RF.

Any thoughts??

2. JackANSI

JackANSI

Sep 12, 2006
    PA
    A flat screen might help. But there isn't a whole lot you can do other than adding sheilding anywhere there isn't. The problem is made worse if you're plugging your bass into your computer and not an amp on a different AC circuit.

The cheapest solution is to just move far enough back its not an issue.

3. spode master

spode master

Jan 21, 2007
    Yah I have a flat screen

Unfortunately no other circuit. I'll have to investigate the source. Probably the switching power supplies.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021