Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB - Any comments?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brewer9, Oct 20, 2000.

1. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I just checked out an Ibanez BTB and othe than a wide neck it played extremely well. Does any one here have any experience with the BTB? (Please no comments on any other Ibanez models, just the BTB).

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    IMO, they are one of the best IBanez basses I've ever played. Especially the 5 string ones. Nice Tight B-String and nice fat frets etc... Its great i love it.. But for the price that the BTB is running for, I think you could have a better quality bass. Good Luck on it :D

DM

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

These are great, and even thought there are better(supposedly!:rolleyes:!) in this price range, this model will hold it's own against any of them.

Best bass Ibanez has built in a while.

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Yeah, "their price range" is the problem. The one I was looking at cost $1500. Zowie!Zoinks!

But it did play really nice.

5. Yeah, for the cost of a BTB1000, you could get a very nice MTD Grendel 4, Dean Edge Improv 4, Spector NS4CRFM, etc.

Ibanez is trying to make it into the "hi-fi" market with the BTB--just look at it, it's a clone of a Tobias Killer B--but until they start putting better pickups and higher-quality woods on their basses, I'm not wasting my money.