Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB EQ settings?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Jan 8, 2002.

1. I was curious as to how all of you BTB owners set your EQs and for what type of music and style of play to get some starting points.

so I've just been playing around for an hour or so and played with my 3 week old(I'm still just playing with everything) BTBs EQ..so many diffent posibilities. I couldn't make up my mind.

2. turn the mid's frequency on the highest freq, and cut the mids about 50..75 %.
    Then cut the highs a VERY little, and boost the lows a VERY little, then put the pickup-balance on 70 % back pickup and 30 % front pickup..

this gives you a very punchy sound which is very nice for slapping :)

3. Roll treble off, boost the low mids, and boost the bass a tad, great fingerstyle sound. DOnt overdo anything, and cutting is ALWAYS better then boosting (cut treble before you boost lows)

Oh, and Im from OC too, Im in Placentia. Keep an eye out, there be many OC posters in these here waters. Arrg *sorry, bad pirate impersoation*

4. Hi,
    it's been also a couple of weeks I bought my BTB and I'm also still playin' with that eq ...
    I'm very curious about how people set their eq on their BTB ...

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Volume: 75%
    Lows: 60%
    Highs: 50%
    Pickup blend: 50% (Both pickups)
    Mid freq: Middle
    Mid Boost: 75%

i like to change the mid freq to match a desired tone...