1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez BTB factory setup specs?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Pure.Fusion, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Pure.Fusion

Pure.Fusion

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone know where I can get these?

I was surprised that I couldn't get them from the Ibanez web site. Then I was a bit pis$ed off I couldn't find them anywhere!

I want to return my 2010 Ibanez BTB 6 string back to factory specs (Relief, string height, nut height).

Anyone?

Cheers,
    FM

2. Pure.Fusion

Pure.Fusion

Dec 12, 2010
    ... in the manual. Who woulda though.

Doh :bag:

3. Jay2U

Jay2U Not as bad as he lóòks

Dec 7, 2010
    22 ft below sea level
    Most of those Ibanez manuals are pretty generic. They were written for as many basses as possible. I wouldn't bother setting it up to factory standards. They tend to specify high action and a lot of relief, just to make sure the bass won't rattle or clank. The manual which came with my GSR200EX doesn't even specify the pickup height. The action it specifies is ridiculously high (1/8" for E). The nut height isn't mentioned at all.

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yeah, most "factory" specs are lousy, meant for instruments that come out of the shipping box and hang in "guitar warehouse" stores in different climates with no techs on staff.

as such, "no buzz" is more important than "easy to play", because that's all the unschooled beginner customer notices.

5. Pure.Fusion

Pure.Fusion

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks guys.

Yeah, I moved the setup multiple times over the year and I just wanted some place to start.

IN comparison to where my setup had taken me, the Ibanez standard was actually better, so I must have been in a bad way.

Thanks for your help.

FM

6. whorockserock

whorockserock

Jul 7, 2009
    lokikallas likes this.