Ibanez BTB - fishman piezos, barts to vari-mid III

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by CraigMack, Apr 24, 2014.

1. CraigMack

CraigMack

Dec 15, 2013
    Ok, not sure where to put this question so I'll try here. I got introduced to the BTB world with a 405qm. I loved the preamp controls! However, I had the model with the basic Ibanez pups. After going through two more BTBs, I now have the BTB5pqm, which has the piezo bridge pups, and two USA Barts as the regular pups. However the Fishman preamp is very limited in my opinion. As, is, this bass give much better, punchier, and cleared sound than the 405qm's that I had. But I still mid the VARI-MID preamp, because you could dial into so many different sounds. I am about to pull the Fishman preamp and put the VARI-MID III preamp into this 5pqm. However (again), I really dont want to give up the piezos. ive got it figured out how to change the preampsand the wiring for the pups, but if i want to keep the piezeos, and add the VARI-MID controls, I cant quite figure out how to wire the piezos and the Barts so they all work...
    Any body done this or have any ideas?

2. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Bart makes a buffer that'll match and combine the Barts and piezos.

3. CraigMack

CraigMack

Dec 15, 2013
    Not sure what you are talking about. Can you explain a bit more or maybe a link to look at.
    Sounds hopeful tho!
    Thanks!

4. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021