Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB On E-Bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PJaye, Oct 27, 2004.

1. PJaye

PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    Boston/Worcester
    I'd cringe at someone bidding on an Ibanez BTB1005E that's really a 515E :scowl:

2. David Henry

David Henry Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    Post the link to the auction for all to see. :)

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Where do you see that? Every BTB I see on there is a BTB?

Ray

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Vague, incoherent posts.. Another side effect of hunger..

Here:

[​IMG]

Have a Snickers...

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    mmmmm Snickers.

Ray :D

6. the distinction is that there is, apparently, a BTB 515e being listed as a BTB 1005e. the chief difference being a walnut stain solid mahogany body on the 515e compared to a natural finish flame maple top/back on mahogany on the 515e. visually they are two very different basses, and it would be pretty dumb to bid on a 515e thinking it was a 1005e.

robb.

7. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    :smug:
    OK, I just could not stand it any more, I searched, I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3757812760

I emailed the seller with a heads up on his mistake and boy is he ticked at me! On his first response, he tells me I am wrong and that there was never a 515 model with Barts. I sent him a link to the 2002 catalog with the info on it. His reply to this was, " Your arrogance is quite appalling. First of all, you assume that I spent a lot on the bass, where did I ever show or say that, and then you seem quite pleased wiith yourself so you boast how much you have spent. I am glad I'm not your friend because that is one of the qualities in people that I surely don't look for.

Stop bugging me."

Well he sure put me in my place. :p

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I personally love the "flame maple top" that thing has! It's at LEAST an AAAAAAAA quality one! [/sarcasm]

Ray

9. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    im sorry but what a bender!

10. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I play a BTB 1005. That's not a BTB 1005. He's a liar. A dirty rotten liar.

11. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    If you have the time,
    Take a minute to send the seller your thoughts on this through the eBay auction page, "Ask seller a question" link.

:p Maybe he just doesn't like me personally and would respond better to some of your great wisdom and diplomacy.

12. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    can't u report this as fraud to ebay or something

13. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah yeah....whoops....That's the same bass as mine, but only in the 5 string and Barts. The 515e....hehehe

14. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    Hi PJaye,
    :) Maybe if the thread title was changed to something like:
    Ibanez BTB RIPOFF on eBay
    more readers would be alerted to the problem.

15. PJaye

PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    Boston/Worcester
    My E-Bay "question to seller" went like this; since I plan to bid/buy one:

Johnee67,
    Obviously there's been an error with your auction; the photo that you posted is an Ibanez BTB bass. However, the photo depicts a model BTB515E - I know because I own one. What gives? Thanks, PJL

In other words, I own a "next to the top" Ibanez (BTB515E w/ Bartolini's) which I researched well before ordering. The ONLY difference between the two is the laminated maple top and back. The 515E was stopped in '02 or '03.

Be careful on E-Bay is the word here. And, do your homework before you buy. I haven't heard anything from the seller as of this post. What a BAG.

PJL

16. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I just sent this:

Hi, just wanted to send a friendly email to point out an error in your listing. I belive what you have up for auction is not a BTB1005E with a natural finish flame maple top/back on mahogany, but rather the BTB515E with walnut stain on solid mahogany body. List @ Musican's Friend before being discontinued, $970. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/bigpid/base_id/59066/
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...Iq2QYAJ20m4AmIhJ6Yf/befree_site_id=0039985447
    Very nice bass! Maybe changing the title would be the thing to do. Take care!
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I'll watch and see what happens, and if I get a response like gumbystuff did, let's flood the guy.

17. PJaye

PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    Boston/Worcester
  18. robb.

19. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Guitar Trader was kicking these out NOS for $399 just recently. What a tool.

Glenn D.

20. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH

:rollno: