1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez BTB On E-Bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PJaye, Oct 27, 2004.

1. PJaye

PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    Boston/Worcester
    I'd cringe at someone bidding on an Ibanez BTB1005E that's really a 515E :scowl:

2. David Henry

David Henry Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Redmond, Oregon 97756
    Post the link to the auction for all to see. :)

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Where do you see that? Every BTB I see on there is a BTB?

Ray

4. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Vague, incoherent posts.. Another side effect of hunger..

Here:

[​IMG]

Have a Snickers...

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    mmmmm Snickers.

Ray :D

6. the distinction is that there is, apparently, a BTB 515e being listed as a BTB 1005e. the chief difference being a walnut stain solid mahogany body on the 515e compared to a natural finish flame maple top/back on mahogany on the 515e. visually they are two very different basses, and it would be pretty dumb to bid on a 515e thinking it was a 1005e.

robb.

7. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Redmond, Oregon 97756
    :smug:
    OK, I just could not stand it any more, I searched, I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3757812760

I emailed the seller with a heads up on his mistake and boy is he ticked at me! On his first response, he tells me I am wrong and that there was never a 515 model with Barts. I sent him a link to the 2002 catalog with the info on it. His reply to this was, " Your arrogance is quite appalling. First of all, you assume that I spent a lot on the bass, where did I ever show or say that, and then you seem quite pleased wiith yourself so you boast how much you have spent. I am glad I'm not your friend because that is one of the qualities in people that I surely don't look for.

Stop bugging me."

Well he sure put me in my place. :p

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I personally love the "flame maple top" that thing has! It's at LEAST an AAAAAAAA quality one! [/sarcasm]

Ray

9. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    im sorry but what a bender!

10. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I play a BTB 1005. That's not a BTB 1005. He's a liar. A dirty rotten liar.

11. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Redmond, Oregon 97756
    If you have the time,
    Take a minute to send the seller your thoughts on this through the eBay auction page, "Ask seller a question" link.

:p Maybe he just doesn't like me personally and would respond better to some of your great wisdom and diplomacy.

12. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    can't u report this as fraud to ebay or something

13. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ah yeah....whoops....That's the same bass as mine, but only in the 5 string and Barts. The 515e....hehehe

14. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Redmond, Oregon 97756
    Hi PJaye,
    :) Maybe if the thread title was changed to something like:
    Ibanez BTB RIPOFF on eBay
    more readers would be alerted to the problem.

15. PJaye

PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    Boston/Worcester
    My E-Bay "question to seller" went like this; since I plan to bid/buy one:

Johnee67,
    Obviously there's been an error with your auction; the photo that you posted is an Ibanez BTB bass. However, the photo depicts a model BTB515E - I know because I own one. What gives? Thanks, PJL

In other words, I own a "next to the top" Ibanez (BTB515E w/ Bartolini's) which I researched well before ordering. The ONLY difference between the two is the laminated maple top and back. The 515E was stopped in '02 or '03.

Be careful on E-Bay is the word here. And, do your homework before you buy. I haven't heard anything from the seller as of this post. What a BAG.

PJL

16. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I just sent this:

Hi, just wanted to send a friendly email to point out an error in your listing. I belive what you have up for auction is not a BTB1005E with a natural finish flame maple top/back on mahogany, but rather the BTB515E with walnut stain on solid mahogany body. List @ Musican's Friend before being discontinued, $970. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=bass/search/bigpid/base_id/59066/
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...Iq2QYAJ20m4AmIhJ6Yf/befree_site_id=0039985447
    Very nice bass! Maybe changing the title would be the thing to do. Take care!
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I'll watch and see what happens, and if I get a response like gumbystuff did, let's flood the guy.

17. PJaye

PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    Boston/Worcester
  18. robb.

19. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Guitar Trader was kicking these out NOS for $399 just recently. What a tool.

Glenn D.

20. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH

:rollno: