1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

IBANEZ BTB question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slipknot229, May 10, 2001.

1. Hey everyone. I am currently considering buying an Ibanez BTB 'cause i love everything about it: shape, playability, sound, scale, etc. ANYWAY. I am actually interested in the BTBQM (for those of you who dont know, it has a quilted maple top and a basswood[one of the drawbacks] back). It is, however only offered in two finishes: transparent purple and transparent black. And since purple isnt my 'thang', it leaves me with trans black(which i dont have a problem with). BUT...on musicians friend and the ibanez website, the transparent black looks more BROWN if anything. SO, i was wondering if anyone has seen it up close or has a pic that show the finish better. Thanks a lot,

-ChRiS

2. Deftone

Deftone

May 8, 2001
    I played on of these at my local Guitar Center. Bass has a solid sound and plays considerably well. As fas as color goes, from afar it looks mostle black. And up close it has a thick black coat, but it is transparent. So underneath it it looks like a wavy maroon or purple color. It is a very interesting looking bass. Hope this helps :)

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hmm.. More I look at one, better it seems :D

5. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...I'm saving for a Pushic custom, but It's gonna be a living hell trying to resist getting one of those when I get the money for one of those (but before the Pushic)...

6. 1N1is111

1N1is111

May 9, 2001
    Canada
    I love BTB's. I've always wanted one..but Ali forbids me due to cash flow.