Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IBANEZ BTB question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slipknot229, May 10, 2001.

1. Hey everyone. I am currently considering buying an Ibanez BTB 'cause i love everything about it: shape, playability, sound, scale, etc. ANYWAY. I am actually interested in the BTBQM (for those of you who dont know, it has a quilted maple top and a basswood[one of the drawbacks] back). It is, however only offered in two finishes: transparent purple and transparent black. And since purple isnt my 'thang', it leaves me with trans black(which i dont have a problem with). BUT...on musicians friend and the ibanez website, the transparent black looks more BROWN if anything. SO, i was wondering if anyone has seen it up close or has a pic that show the finish better. Thanks a lot,

-ChRiS

2. Deftone

Deftone

May 8, 2001
    I played on of these at my local Guitar Center. Bass has a solid sound and plays considerably well. As fas as color goes, from afar it looks mostle black. And up close it has a thick black coat, but it is transparent. So underneath it it looks like a wavy maroon or purple color. It is a very interesting looking bass. Hope this helps :)

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hmm.. More I look at one, better it seems :D

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...I'm saving for a Pushic custom, but It's gonna be a living hell trying to resist getting one of those when I get the money for one of those (but before the Pushic)...

6. 1N1is111

1N1is111

May 9, 2001
    Canada
    I love BTB's. I've always wanted one..but Ali forbids me due to cash flow.