1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

IBANEZ BTB Series Confusion!!??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Feb 22, 2001.

1. I am very confused about the Ibanez BTB series. I played an Ibanez BTB1005 and loved it. There web page also shows a BTB500 (4-string) and BTB505 (5-string). These don't have all the fancy wood that the BTB1005 series has. I'm trying to find a BTB505 that I can play because if it sounds as goods as the 1005 I will buy it. However, I am now seeing on Musiciansfriend.com and other places a BTB400, BTB510, BTB405, and BTB515.

Has anyone played any of these basses? What is the difference between the various models? I can't seem to find any in the Dallas area? Are they new? HELP!!!!!!!!

2. metalloid

metalloid Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2001
    DC
    All I can say is that I played the BTB1005 at Guitar Center. I was extremely pleased.

I decided to go with a 7 string for $200 less, but I would have definetly bought the BTB1005.

In my past experience with ibanez (6 string, electric) guitars, the prestige series makes a world of difference.

You should definetly check one out before you buy it, personally I think the lower ibanez models feel like plastic toys.

Good luck

Just my $0.02