Ibanez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Does anyone really know about this bass because I am thinking of gettting a four string model. I tried in the store and it sounds pretty good. I just need some more opinons.
  2. just so you know, there's 3 different types of the BTB... 40_, 6(?)0_ and the 100_.
  3. Sorry I want to get a BTB400QM which has a quilted maple top and it's red.
  4. Go for it ! it's the best bass in it's price-range ( allthough some people might disagree, but they're clueless :rolleyes: :p )

but keep in mind that it is a 35" bass, so getting strings could become a problem. Warwick yellow-labels are the only regular strings that i know of that fit... :(
  5. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    GHS offers a few string sets that can fit the 35" scale.
  6. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    amazingly today was the first day i played one aswell, can still smell it on the fingers.

it has made me think alot more of the ibanez basses. i have been thinking of getting an ibanez 5 or 6 string lately. something with their really thin necks is real good for me when im sitting down and playing.

when i have to buy strings its gonna be a problem, havent had to yet, ill get em soon though
  7. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i just replaced the strings on my BTB with ghs boomers.
  8. Hey LimpyBizkit397, the Ibanez BTB series are changing a lot of people's minds about Ibanez. They're high quality instruments and whoever owns one has to make an excuse to no one. The 35" scale shouldn't be too much of a problem, just make sure it says extra long scale on the strings' package, or it may say "fits 35 & 36 scale basses."

Go for it.
    Mike J.
  9. Thanks guys. I am going to Guitar Center today to buy it.
  10. Good show, muh-boy! :D
  11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    IMO, the BTB's are the best thing that Ibanez has produced in a while. I like alot of the basses in their line but the BTB's are the top's. You will be happy w/your purchace.
  12. I just got back from GT but the bass had to stay there to get setup. I can't wait until I get it on Wednesday!!!!!!
  13. The BTB series are very nice basses. I think they sound a feel wonderful.

Of course, and AllodoX wil agree, the Ergodyne EDC is a much better bass.:D

Rock on
  14. i have one. theyr'e great. talk about sound variation. you can make them sound like guitars or the biggest burliest bass ever made. the neck is real smooth and strings aren't that big of a problem i don't have any problem finding them. they are real easy to string because of the bridge. it's interesting. good slap sound too. and it's pretty heavy so you get good fat tone. i say buy it.