Ibanez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Superfrappe, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Hey guys and gals...

Anyone have any experience w/ the Ibanez BTB basses? I'm looking at purchasing a BTB405QM five string. I've read a handful of positive reviews on the web, but I'm sure I'll get the real lowdown from some of you guys. Please share your thoughts, as I'll be making my purchase in about a week or so.

2. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    buy it ,you wont be disapointed,i have 2-BTB 5 string basses,i highly recommend them ,,. good-luck..:D :cool: :D
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The BTB is a decent enough bass for the money. The neck, playability and string spacing are great, but the tone is a little bland, unless you get the 1005e with the Bartolini electronics.
  4. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    i got a 405 Qm i really like it !
    It sounds very nice i have found the tone i was looking for, the neck isn't so slim but it plays very good indeed ...
    The 18v preamp is really nice the bridge too and it's a very nice bas for the $$
  5. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I got a BTB405 when my Lakland Skyline 5501 was on it's way to Chicago to get the upgraded electronics... The BTB does play very nice, I loved the string spacing... But once the lakland came back, the sound was, like embellisher states above, is a little bland... I thought about keeping it as a backup to the lakland, but ended up getting a really cool trade for it. It is a nice bass for the money, maybe upgrade the electronics?

6. Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Great GREAT bass. I plan on picking up mine as soon as I see one on sale for under 400. I love the spacing and playability :)
  7. Very cool!

Thanks very much for your feedback guys. :D

I'm on the hunt for my BTB!
  8. i've got one for sale if you're interested
  9. Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    405QM? Im insterested. What color and how much? Also, condition.

Price first though, I have a max, so what are you looking at.