Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    On Saturday, I got a chance to try out an Ibanez BTB, this one was a 5 string model with a Maple colored top and back, and a binding wood along the sides that was a darker tan color, and the Monorail II bridge. Just gave that because I'm unsure of the model, at any rate, it the one on the Ibanez webpage opener for ths BTBs...

To the meat of it: I think of all the 4+ string basses I've played, this was hands down the most comfotable and "right" feeling bass I've played. I mean, Sixes, Fives, what have you, this felt better than the Pedullas and the Warwicks, all of them. This one was at GC for about 1500. But, havinf played it, and played it back to back with two Conklin GT7s...and I'm going to have to go and get the Ibanez BTB. Sorry John :) But you have to go with what feels right. I mean, I was sitting there with my brither, who was hanging out with me, and he doesn't play a musical intrument, but he was feeling like a fifth wheel, so I told him to pick one up at least so he didn't feel so much like a fool. He picked up that BTB and said "Whoa...that DOES feel good!" I think that says something about it. Anyway, I REALLLLLLLY dig those BTBs now. Conklin is getting the axe till after the BTB, again, sorry to all you 7ers out there. Hey, I wasn't expecting it, but it hit, and I'm a BTBer now! Yeah me :D

Now I pose two questions: what is the best online/in person price I can get for one, and what do you think of them? The price one is more importan, becuase anyhting below 1300 is greatly apreciated. BTBs!!

[Edited by Brendan on 12-10-2000 at 10:09 PM]

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I played the same bass you're talking about,which btw is called the BTB1005,at GC 2 weeks ago,the tag on it was $1149.I also played a Warwick Thumb Bolt On 5 that same day which I personally liked better, so vive la difference!

3. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I too recently played a BTB and found it to be excellent. Great tone and playability, but the price seemed a bit high for it. The only negative was that the neck was wide for my taste. It was a 5-string so maybe the 4's are narrower.