Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB1000e or Doug Wimbish DWB3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Where I live theres not many basses like these so I need an honest opinion. What would be better for me? I Play Rock.Jazz.Blues,punk,funk. etc etc I already own an SR400 and The neck is alright. I played a low end BTB300 and I liked the neck and feel of it alot and I was wondering how the prestige model is compared to the Doug Wimbish which has Hipshot License tuners and Emg Humbuckers and it's neck thru. But I slap often and wondered would the BTB be better because I slap considering the DWB3 has a thinner neck? Tahnks

2. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Go for the DWB. It basically PWNS every other bass Ibanez make (with the possible exception of the ATK), and is the next best thing to an authentic Spector (of which it is a blatant copy, down to the inlays on the neck). Great sounding for any technique.

The string spacing is a matter of preference - assuming you're talking about 5-strings (the 4-strings have virtually idential spacing), the BTB has wider, 19mm spacing, and since the DWB apes a Spector, it has 17mm spacing. Different, but not hard to get used to.

Russ :bassist: