Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB1005 !!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Staindfan10, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Staindfan10

Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    I WANT I WANT its soo nice :) i hope i get.
    what do you guys/girls think about it?
    -Justin

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    cool bass, just needs better colors

3. That is the ONLY Ibanez I have even looked twice at. Id buy it if I needed another bass. I wish it came in a 6 though.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  5. yeah it is defiently going to be my next bass.

6. Darn you Brendan! Im absolutely broke, how can you do that to me!

7. I recently bought a BTB1005. It is the best 5 string I could find IMO. The sound is wonderful, it feels great and looks awesome.

The B string is EXCELLENT! Really tight and that sucker rumbles.

You will not be disappointed with the BTB. Ibanez got everything right when they made this bass.

8. If you want to hear the BTB1005 I have a little recording I made of my bass at http://www.angelfire.com/home/countfunkula/

9. Damnit you guys are giving me GAS!!!!

10. does anyone know why kid of strings come stock on these? they're two differnt color wraps, its pretty cool.

11. Thats a real cool song. Darn you all! Now I have NO reason not to get one, and I REALLY cant afford it. BTW, is that a song that you came up with, or is it someone else's?

12. Thats just something I made up to test my recording setup. It's a little sloppy but I thought the recording was pretty good.

13. Jam

Bitchin'! I can really hear the growl on the B string, and the low midrange I've been so desperately looking for is really noticeable.

How did you record it?

14. I used my PC for recording. I have an Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 audio card and Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0. I just plugged the bass directly into the 1/4" input on the audio card's breakout box and enabled the built in preamp. For the drums I used my Roland R-5 drum machine plugged into another one of the 1/4" inputs without the preamp enabled.

15. Staindfan10

Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    i hope i get it. its just soooo nice

and say hello to maynard(attachment)

16. I've been wanting to get a BTB. The 1005 is a tad too expensive for my frugal tastes, but the 405 looks scrumptious. It uses the same electronics as the others, sounds great, and I've never heard a horror story about it like the SRs (even though I kind of like them as well.) But I couldn't believe how much this BTB blew away my MIM P. Totally awesome bass. I'm getting one as soon as I get a new amp. Of course that'll be a cold day in hell, since I have about $200 saved up now, and the amp I want is $650. Plus I need another $600 for the bass. Oh well. Patience, my friend, patience.........