Ibanez BTB1005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fretless5verfan, Jan 18, 2002.

1. I would like to get some impressions of the ibanez BTB1005 if anyone knows someone who has played one or plays one now thanks:D
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    The 1005 is going to get a lot better. They are going to put Bartolini p/u's in it this year. It was already good bass but this should help it out a lot. They are also getting rid of those crappy BTB strings and are going with Elixir Nanowebs.
  3. I owned a BTB1005 for a short time. I can't say enough about it. It felt perfect, sounded great, and looks beautiful. The 35" scale really tightened up the B string.

If you are looking for a really modern sound this bass may not be for you. IMO it had a very natural, woody sound. I liked it a lot.

I'm surprised more people don't own these basses. I had to return mine because there was a problem with the neck and the GC where I bought it took forever to get a replacement so I just bought something else.

Try one and if you like it, get it.
  4. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    Oh thank God:)
  6. Are they putting Barts in the 515? If so, will there be a price increase? And when the hell will they be putting those pups in?

I'm getting a BTB this year. 405QM prolly, but if there'll be Barts in the 515 and no price increase, I'll save a little longer.
  7. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    There was a thread about this a while ago... I think the rundown of it was: Barts in 515 and no price-increase!

Edited for grammar.
  8. Thanks hujo, but one last question:

Anyone know how much 515's go for here in the UK? My local guitar store has 405's for around £450, depending on season(around xmas they were £480). I could price competitively and get a good deal, but I'm looking max at £550.