Ibanez BTB1005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Any thoughts on these. They usually retail at $1100 but I can pick one up for $450 from a local GC that is closing out their inventory on this line.
  2. You can get one for $450 ? :eek:

Farley that is one of the craziest deals I've heard of! The BTB405QM (the low guy on the BTB totem pole) is a very nice bass, but, if you can get the top of the line BTB for that price I would jump on it as soon as you can. Have you played this model?
    I have, and it's a first rate instrument. I know a lot of members can either take Ibanez or leave them, but, the bass you're talking about is of superb build quality. You can feel it as soon as you pick it up. And it's a very versatile animal as well. I was checking out a few different basses awhile back, and I heard someone playing Motown lines in back of me. The bass sounded very much like a pre-CBS Precision. When I turned around the guy that was playing the lines was holding A BTB 1005! As soon as he left I picked it up to check it out and it impressed the pants off me. It can get a very convincing P-bass tone as well as a good Jazz bass tone and an almost Stingray tone. I didn't experiment with it for too long, but, I'd bet you can get many other sounds out of it too.

This is the bass you're refering to, right?

It's worth $1,000 easy. $450 ? Hesitate not! Someone else might grab it. ;)

Good luck.

Mike J.
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    CRAP!! Looks like I spoke to soon. The price is $489 and is for the BTB1005OL not the BTB1005EOL (has the bartolini preamp and p/up's). I'm a little leary at this point because they're also stating now that they would have to order one in, if they can find one. :( :(
  4. Does it have Bartolinis on it?