Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB1206E Prestige Model......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Achey, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Achey

Achey

May 6, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    Hey, I am thinking of buying this bass as my first six string (I currently only have 4 string basses) and I was wondering if anyone has heard good things about them or preferably actually PLAYED one and if they can give me any useful info on it regarding the tone/playability/electronics e.tc..

Thanks>

Dan.

2. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
    I played one this weekend at a Florida music store. Fit and finish were very nice. Good sound (Barts), mid selector made for a good range of tone possibilities. Neck is very thin (fingerboard to back), VERY wide (edge to edge), and VERY flat (not much radius) and VERY low action, all of these attributes are great for me, but not for everyone.
    I've got a BTB1005 FL, which I like quite a bit, this neck thru model is just as nice. I was impressed and continue to be surprise when I remember it's an Ibanez.

Bill

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    For that amount of money I'm sure you could find something better on the used market. Although maybe I'm biased because A: I've never played it, B: Hated my Ibanez SR886 and C: Don't like Ibanez.

4. Achey

Achey

May 6, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    Thats the thing, I can get this for about 1250 dollars, which is pretty cheap for the standard..............it has nice pickups on it and its neck thru. There isnt relaly much else out there that I can say is a better quality bass for the price.