1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez BTB300 BGWNF

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vosk, Jan 1, 2006.

1. http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM03/Content/Ibanez/PR/BTB300.html

I know this bass has been replaced I think, by a black model with humbuckers.

My question is, if I can't ever find this bass again, what would get a similar sound?

Model BTB300 Specs:

* List: $649.99
    * Available Finish: WNF (Walnut Flat)
    * Body Material: Mahogany Body with Bubinga Top
    * Neck Material: 5 pc Maple/Walnut
    * Neck Scale: 34"
    * No. Frets/Type: 23/Medium
    * Fingerboard: Rosewood
    * Inlay: Pearl Dot
    * Bridge: Mono-Rail II
    * H/W Color: Satin Nickel
    * Neck Pickup: SPJ-4N Stacked J Passive
    * Bridge Pickup: SPJ-4B Stacked J Passive
    * EQ: EQB-IIB 2-Band
    * Controls: Two volume and 2-band EQ
    * Other Special Features: Neutrik Locking Jack
    * Case: ATK1000C
    * Case List: $149.99

I really liked the sound of this bass. :(

2. I think ZZounds may still offer this bass, not too sure though. You are right, this model was replaced with a 34" scale with dual humbucking pickups.

-ryan-

3. Yeah, I own the dual soapbar BTB400, and I love it. As far as that, I'm sure you could find a similar sound, but I'd recommend you get that or the new version where you can. They're inexpensive, lightweight compared to a lot of basses (I'd say around 8.5-9.5). They sound great and they're comfortable. If you get a chance get one.

4. I found a place that says that it is a few months until replacement.

I might get this!

5. i liked it. i'd get it if you're in the market for it. i don't think any current BTBs will sound like it. make sure you get a good deal on it, since it's discontinued. in fact, if you can wait a while, you might find it on clearance.

robb.