Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hayznut, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Hayznut

Hayznut

Aug 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Hi,ive been playing bass for a year now and am looking to upgrade to a better model as ive got some cash coming my way in a month or so. I went to the local music store today (i live in england btw) and tried a few out and the ibanez btb300 was prob the best i tried out of the edb,eda, a yamaha one dunno the model, and the p-bass.What is everyones thoughts on the BTB300 looks pretty damn sweet to me too. I currently play a Yamaha RBX270 and im in a punk/numetal band.
    Thanx
    Hayz.

2. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Get a btb 406 6-string, learn all you scales, then your modes, and finally play in a progressive metal band, but seriously I love the btb basses, You are a lucky Ba#$#$d I cant afford one, but I love the sound they put out.

3. My friend just recently bought a BTB300 he brought me to a samash to pick up my bass that was getting fixed and he wanted to check out some basses, he arrived and it was just sitting there for him. He picked it up and started playing it, instantly fell in love with it. I have to admit the bubinga top on it looks really nice. The pick ups are pretty good they remind me of the look on the thumb the way they are set up. Hey, go for it, its sounds awesome for the money, good luck.

-Ryan :bassist:

4. Hayznut

Hayznut

Aug 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Yeh i kinda instantly fell in love with it and for £400 quid, tis a bargain! I tried out the BTB 405 but 5-stringers arent for me. I shall purchase it the 6th of september.
    :bassist: :D

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Gof or it. The BTB is the best bass that Ibanez makes. Its a great value- lots of features at a great price.

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I played one. I was pretty happy with tone and the way the bass played, but I didn't care for the body shape. My forearm was really red after playing for a while because of how the body is shaped where it rests.

7. Hayznut

Hayznut

Aug 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Thanx, anyone else got one or played one that has anything to say because i buy it this saturday...
    I have a gig later that day do you think id be able to play it straight away or adjust over a couple of days 1st.

8. Hayznut

Hayznut

Aug 14, 2002
    Nottingham
  9. I love the BTB300...I like it a lot more than the other BTB's...too bad they don't have a 5 string model...

it's definitely a really good bass, especially for what you're paying...

10. WiflB

WiflB

Aug 24, 2013
    Suffolk
    I have a BTB300 and I absolutely love it, I would strongly recommend it.

11. I've had this bass since it's inception. I have tried many other basses from Alembic to F-bass and many other high end basses. I hate to say it but I really wanted to get a more expensive instrument that had a high end profile because I play a lot of gigs and would like to have a "fancy" bass. The problem is, there hasn't been ANY other bass that plays better than my Ibanez BTB300...it's just a killer bass...I don't think I paid $500 for it new. I've just changed both J pickups to Seymour Duncan passives and everyone has told me the bass has never sounded better. In short - there is no better bass on the market today! If I ever see another bass that's the same, I'm going to buy it. Question - it's the BTB300 with the angled J pickups...what is the exact model and what year was it made? Any other info would be great I.e. Where was it made?