SOLD Ibanez BTB33 Volo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Farrin D, Apr 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Farrin D

Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey all,

I’m posting this as a feeler as I’m on the fence on moving it but I think I’m ready to let this awesome Ibanez BTB 33 go. I bought this on Reverb and it did come with an odd issue... the owner previous to the person I bought the bass from lodged in Dunlop Strap locks inside of the upper horn and body (see pics). It’s the first time I’ve seen anything like it. It also appears that they tried to take them out and caused a chip on the upper horn. Other than that, the bass places and feels great! I will be shipping the bass with the strap locks included since this is the only way to strap up the bass. No case unfortunately since I didn’t receive one when I purchased it.

In terms of trades, a Sire P7, M7, or V9 would be awesome but I’m open to listen to other offers. PayPal is the way to go for purchasing it, and I’ll most likely ship USPS or UPS to the lower 48 States. Let me know if you have any questions!

8BDCAD36-1FB5-40D4-834E-80A7A92E8B27.jpeg 1F2AFC65-F0DF-4DE2-A3B9-72005DD8A947.jpeg 46827D15-4C9C-4D04-BEC2-CA953080BDFB.jpeg 39685D5C-39A5-42F6-AF85-14E05072EAE5.jpeg 5D57F166-84B5-4F2D-9CB7-D21319A4D37D.jpeg 08978367-1427-4372-A627-9DA6F7888169.jpeg

2. CryingBass

CryingBass Just a Fool Whose Intentions are Good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Got one,love it, and that seems like a really good price. GLWTS

Farrin D likes this.
  3. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Tuned E to C?

4. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    dude i have that strap, best strap ever!

Farrin D likes this.
  5. Farrin D

Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Indeed it is, DR Sunbeams according to the previous owner.

6. Farrin D

Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Haha I’ve got two of them!

7. Farrin D

Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I’m also willing to listen to offers as well! Send them my way!

8. I just want to balance the TB scales karmically and drop some info, namely that those are Dunlop’s StrapLok Flush-Mounted version and meant to be installed “lodged” inside the body. I also agree that either the install or possible removal of the upper horn’s retainer was certainly botched (looks to me the installation of that version on horns of such thinness was not the best idea to go with) but can confirm that this was the way they were meant to be installed.

I’ve always thought they were cool, sleek-looking and eliminated the bottom button’s possible issue of fracturing the butt of a Bass if dropped vertically not in a “supported” Hybrid-type Soft Case, but between my irrational fear of forgetting my strap and thus needing the “Dual Design” version that I could hang a borrowed one from (despite 28 years of never having done so, now with Back Issues that have me pretty much “locked” into using my ultra-comfy MONO Betty’s Neoprene, memory foam & sheer width 24/7), realizing that they could be a potential deal-breaker in an possible future sale, and now seeing the installation issues from someone less than... “qualified”, I’ll be sticking with my far more installable from my Workspace Dual Designs from here on out.

Hope the info was of some help, and good luck with the sale! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Farrin D likes this.
  9. Farrin D

Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That’s great info! I appreciate it! I had no idea they were actually supposed to be installed that way. Also, that strap looks amazing, I might have to investigate haha