Ibanez BTB405 or SR705?Or wait for Rockbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dragonlord, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I played a BTB405 and I liked it,but I want to try out the SR705 too which is at the same price range.What's the B string like on the SR?I loved the tightness of the B on the BTB because of the 35'' scale and I'm afraid that on the SR (34'') it could be more floppy...
    I had played a Warwick Streamer and I loved the Warwick growl,which one of the two can get a good warm growling sound like that?
    The Rockbass isn't here in Greece yet,it will be after summer.Is it worth waiting instead of the Ibanezes?
    thx in advance
  2. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    Im a huge fan of warwick..... but i wouldn't class a rockbass as one... The warwick growl has a lot to do with the woods used 'the sound of wood' but the rockbasses don't use the same quality of woods.

I would go for the BTB.... the SR if you have to. but i would stay well away from the Rockbass.

3. Go for the BTB. I have one, and I love it too. You're right about the SR, the B is floppier with the 34" neck.
    Like Chris said, the Rockbass series no where comes close to their more expensive counterparts. It's all about the woods, man, and the Rockbass doesn't have 'em. What you heard in the Warwick Corvette will never come out of its Rockbass counterpart.
    As said before, go for the BTB. :)
  4. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    N.B. Both musiciansfriend.com and music123.com have last year's BTB515 on sale for $499. Mine arrives on Thursday!
  5. Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    I bought my BTB515 2 weeks ago... It is a great bass... True... Musicians Friend Is selling them for $499... That's a deal....

6. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I agree on the BTB. If a good deal on the 515 is available to you where you live then get that, otherwise get the 405. Either way you'll have a good bass.
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    being in europe you should be able to get a real warwick pretty cheap used.
  8. The Rockbasses obiously arent in the same league as rel warwicks, but neither are the BTB405s. The Rockbasses have an extremely tight B string and do sound and play nicely, but i havent played the streamer. If you like the rockbass streamers, you should just get a warwick streamer standard at musiciansfriend.com or on ebay, there are a ton there.