Ibanez BTB405 Replacement Preamp and Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jordan Luff, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Lately, I've been thinking of replacing the preamp and pickups on my BTB405 with active everything. I've been thinking about Bartolini's, but I don't know if they make active p-ups or not. Basically, I don't know a damn thing :p :D
    So, any suggestions (Bartolini or not) would be nice. I would like a sound very similar to Victor Wooten's on the song "Big Country" (by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones).
    Currently, I find the G-string on my BTB too flat, thin, and empty. It doesn't share the same tone as the other strings. I will be replacing the strings as well (with slowounds), but I still would like a completely active bass.

2. *bumpity-bump*

3. Again...bump.

4. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    HEY JORDAN IF YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH ANOTHER PRE-AMP AND PICKUPS I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE IBANEZ PRE-AMP,LET ME KNOW, EMG AND BARTOLONI BOTH MAKE PRE-AMPS AND ACTIVE/PASSIVE PICKUPS. WWW.EMG.COM and also check this site for barts.GuitarElectronics.com
    good-luck...

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    just to say that the website address of the mighty EMG pickups is: www.emginc.com/