Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB405 Replacement Preamp and Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jordan Luff, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Lately, I've been thinking of replacing the preamp and pickups on my BTB405 with active everything. I've been thinking about Bartolini's, but I don't know if they make active p-ups or not. Basically, I don't know a damn thing :p :D
    So, any suggestions (Bartolini or not) would be nice. I would like a sound very similar to Victor Wooten's on the song "Big Country" (by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones).
    Currently, I find the G-string on my BTB too flat, thin, and empty. It doesn't share the same tone as the other strings. I will be replacing the strings as well (with slowounds), but I still would like a completely active bass.

2. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    HEY JORDAN IF YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH ANOTHER PRE-AMP AND PICKUPS I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE IBANEZ PRE-AMP,LET ME KNOW, EMG AND BARTOLONI BOTH MAKE PRE-AMPS AND ACTIVE/PASSIVE PICKUPS. WWW.EMG.COM and also check this site for barts.GuitarElectronics.com
    good-luck...

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    just to say that the website address of the mighty EMG pickups is: www.emginc.com/