1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez BTB405QM electronics replacment suggestions.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RandomEvent, Feb 26, 2008.

1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Ok, so I'm going to get an Ibanez BTB405QM hopefully. I've only ever played one unplugged, but I've heard the preamp in them is really bad. Well, I assume there's a preamp because it's got active EQ.

Anyway, I was thinking of changing the pups to some sort of Nordstrands, Fat Stacks maybe, but I'm wondering will they fit? Or maybe I should be looking into Bartolini? I've got my choices between the 2, so as long as I know they'll fit, I can get my favorite ones when I have the time.

Now, the problem is that I don't know what preamp to get. I have no idea about anything preamp related, so some advice would be helpful. If I were to get some Nordy's or Bart's, what kinds of preamps should I be looking at? Thanks in advance.