1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez btb405QM?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rus115, Feb 28, 2002.

1. rus115

rus115

Feb 10, 2002
    USA
    salutations, i found a ibanez btb 405qm bass in purple for a bad ass price, 480$ on musicians friend. only one catch, its purple, but i dont care. has anyone played this bass? is it a good buy?

2. That's a big fat pile of.....YES!! It's a very good buy, IMHO. It's one of the few basses of it's price range that I can actually stand to play (or hear). The long neck and individual bridge slots make the B very clear and none-clackity (a la Fieldy). You will need a good amp, though. This baby has power--and using a crappy amp is abusing that power ;) :D
    Of course, go to Guitar Center (or any other music store that carries Ibanez) and play it for yourself. You can't go on just my opinion :) If you like it, go for it. Me, I spent the original $600 so I could get a transparent black one. I didn't like the transparent purple that much. But to each his own.

3. rus115

rus115

Feb 10, 2002
    USA
    im playing through an ampeg ba-115 sp right now, and i was thinkin abou using the platimun payments through musiciansfriend.com to get the bass, im alittle short on the cash right now