Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez btb405QM?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rus115, Feb 28, 2002.

1. rus115

rus115

Feb 10, 2002
    USA
    salutations, i found a ibanez btb 405qm bass in purple for a bad ass price, 480$ on musicians friend. only one catch, its purple, but i dont care. has anyone played this bass? is it a good buy?

2. That's a big fat pile of.....YES!! It's a very good buy, IMHO. It's one of the few basses of it's price range that I can actually stand to play (or hear). The long neck and individual bridge slots make the B very clear and none-clackity (a la Fieldy). You will need a good amp, though. This baby has power--and using a crappy amp is abusing that power ;) :D
    Of course, go to Guitar Center (or any other music store that carries Ibanez) and play it for yourself. You can't go on just my opinion :) If you like it, go for it. Me, I spent the original $600 so I could get a transparent black one. I didn't like the transparent purple that much. But to each his own.

3. rus115

rus115

Feb 10, 2002
    USA
    im playing through an ampeg ba-115 sp right now, and i was thinkin abou using the platimun payments through musiciansfriend.com to get the bass, im alittle short on the cash right now