Ibanez BTB406

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Any good? I'm thinking about getting one. I've played other BTB's and love them. The rich deep tone is what I need to go alongside my ric. Anyone own one?
  2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Hey, Tyler Hole here.

Did you try a search? I know the BTBs have been covered before. Also check out my thread about the MTD Kingston 5 vs the Ibanez BTB405, practically the same and I bet most of the info about the BTB and opinions of it cover the 406 also.
  3. XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    The BTB 4 and 5 are only as "Deep" and "Rich" as the 6 with added weight/mass. I think it would go great beside a Rick but they definatly wont sound the same! The BTB6 is a great playing great sounding and affordable 6. I sure did enjoy mine!

4. I just got one about 2 weeks ago.. played 2 gigs with it so far and the response has been fantastic. people are telling me they can really feel the bass (18volt preamp ain't too bad ;) ) ... not even comparable to a Ric however. completely different animal. the BTB is VERY deep. i've heard that comment as well.. it's my first 6 and i have no problem with neck width, spacing, nothing like that. plays and sounds like a much more expensive instrument. No passive option however, but i'm gonna have that taken care of by my tech.
    Go for it! i'd go MTD if he did a Kingston Heir in a 6 with an active pre.. now that would be fun!!! :D