Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB406QM = Going In The Fireplace

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zac, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Zac

Zac

Mar 19, 2004
    This is probaly the noisiest 6 string I've ever played. No matter what degree of muting I use...it still gives me nothing but harmonics & sympathetic vibration. Funny thing is that Ibanez pushes their Mono- Rail II bridge that "minimizes vibration"

I got this bass for 400$ so I guess that's what I get, but does anyone else have problem with the BTB? I'm going to trash it (or sell it) and get a Conklin or something more high end.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Zac - if you want to sell it, I may be interested. At the least, I may be interested in trading for it.

3. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    no problems whatsoever with mine.... one of the most versatile basses i've ever played.

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I'll trade ya for it! see my add in the classifieds...

5. Zac, have you considered getting a professional setup done? it could be you have some problems in that area. I would think it might be possible, considering how everyone else has responded that they would take it off your hands:D

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    This is going to sound stupid, but check to make sure the screws are tight and aren't vibrating?