Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez BTB510 string question?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by A Rock, Aug 29, 2001.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    Whats with these ibanez strings..........they have two diffrent colors to them and they produce a grungey sound....how can i make them sound more jazz like?

2. Hey A rock.. What do you mean by colors? Do you mean package colors or what? And why did you named btb Strings? are those the ones that came with your btb or what? It`s a bit confusing..

3. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    the strings that came with my btb are blue and metal colored. this is just a description of the strings which are on btbs.

but the color isnt really important.....its the sound the string produces. The sound is really grungy and i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how do i solve it?

4. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i bought some of these a while back and had the same question. the blue is actually copper (or, at least, cooper-based). the silver is steel. i was told that the copper reduces the wear on the frets. hope this helps out...

he mentioned the btb, because the strings are made by ibanez. i didn't feel that they were "grungy", but they weren't as bright as i would've liked. (fyi, i had them on my sr885)...

5. j0.. i wanted to try those strings, but i couldn't buy them anywhere :(

6. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    in all fairness, the e, a, d, & g were rather nice strings. it was the b that i didn't care for all that much. and that may just be the sr885 or my particualy picky taste...

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hey Allodox,

E-mail the member "Ka-tet". He doesn't post anymore, but I know he's a store owner, and stocks the Ibanez strings. I thought about buying some from him, but never did. I know for a fact he can ship them, too. Try it! I would like to know how they are on basses other than a BTB.

8. hrmmzzz... will do.. thanx for the info dude !

9. Sorry dude, moved to strings.

Merls

10. I look for those strings at www.ibanez.com...

I´ve never seen them "live" nor used them thougth , but I´d just recomend you to make a lot of use of them, until the bright fades out :p

Hey.. and thinkin about it.. I´m sure you can change that grungy sound to a more jazzy tone with your vary mid eq, don´t you think? put the highs and high-mids down a little bit, it must work..