Ibanez BTB510 vs. BTB400

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Ok I've been looking for a new bass lately...mainly at the SR series Ibanez..by recomendation I tried out the BTB510 and loved it compared to the SR series..so much more solid feeling too. Its just a little out of my range. How much of a difference is there between the BTB510 and the BTB400(they sold the one they had so I didn't get to play one). As far as I know its just the body wood..how much of a difference does that make..worth the price difference?
    And what are you thought on these. thanks for the help
  2. IF I remember correctly, the 500 series was made in Korea, the other in japan. That's about it.
  3. The 500 series ones have better necks apparently. Go onto the Ibanez web site and look it up there. Plus the body wood is better, but frankly, it just looks brown doesnt it.

4. looked through the rather un infomative Ibanez site..the only difference I could gather was that the 510 is solid Mahogany while the 400 has a quilted maple top and basswood back. in one spot on the site it says that only the 500 and 1000 series have the off center neckline but the 400 specs say it has the identical neck to the 510..dunno if this was lazy copy and paste work making the site.