1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez BTB775PB 2nd Thoughts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frostyman1962, Apr 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. frostyman1962

frostyman1962

Feb 16, 2015
    None
    I'm going to be using this Bass for Praise and Worship. I don't see many Bass players using the BTB 5 string Basses for Gospel or praise and worship music.
    Is there a reason why they aren't as prevalent as the SR505?
    I know it may seem ridiculous to ask the question, but did I make a mistake????
    I tried out several Basses at GC, all 5 String Basses. The SR505 was high on my list but after playing the BTB775PB I was sold on the response, versatile tone and the B string was defined, not sloppy like some of the other Basses in the $500-1k range I had played.
    I haven't played in years, I'm very rusty, out of touch and looking for a little direction.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Use what you like and what sounds good to you, you don't have to "run with the herd". I have 15+ year SR and BTB models, I play the BTB lots more. Then again, if you wanted a good clean B string in that price range - Sire V7 is the best I've heard or heard of.

frostyman1962 likes this.
  3. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    Don't worry. Great basses. I own the BTB776pb. I've had zero issues.

4. Play what you like and take joy in it. The congregation will feel you.

5. frostyman1962

frostyman1962

Feb 16, 2015
    None
    I appreciate the replies. I really like the way the BTB sounds. Years ago I played a Fender P Bass, it was a great Bass and it was the Bass most players were using for Rock. I've always been one to kind of run with the pack however, the active pick ups are really nice and the tone and sustain are great on the BTB.
    The string spacing and 35" scale at taking some getting used to, breaking back in to playing is causing some fatigue, I just have to build up my stamina and work some muscles that have some Bass player atrophy.

6. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I owned 2 of the BTB 5 string 1405 basses and loved them for Praise and Worship. Even used one to record our 2nd album and the Sound Engineer loved it. One of the best sounding basses I've ever owned.

7. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    For those that are familiar with Ibanez. This one popped up local and it appears to be a BTB 6? Either way the price seems really low? I'm not interested but I know many here on TB perhaps would be.

Ibanez 6 String Guitar

8. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Looks like the BTB 406. It's from 2001 or so. They went for 600 dollars back then.

9. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Interestingly enough, that was exactly what drew me to my BTB 675. I had had the SR505 before it, and did not like teh feel and sound of that B string, especially when tuned down half a step.